Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Josiah


Mom, Dad and Josiah are finally home! We have been gone for over a week (1/4 of Josiah's life), but we are glad to be home. We had a wonderful visit at Grandma and Grandpa Weavers for Christmas and Grandma Johnson's for the following week. In order to give a proper update on Josiah, I thought I would do a list of baby 1sts:

Finds thumb: 12 hours old
Noticed web toes: 2 days old
Holds head up on own: days old
Can stand up: days old
Drinks from a cup: Dec. 5th (3 days old)
1st outing: Dec. 6th (out to dinner with Mike and Mindy Richmond)
Sleeps through the night: Dec. 7th (5 days old) and continues to do so a month later:)
Lost umbilical cord: Dec. 8th (got pulled off by his onsie...oops..looks good now though)
1st Dr. visit: Dec 8th (21 1/2 inches and 8lbs12oz)
1st time to church: Dec. 11th (9 days old)
1st big smile while awake: At church (9 days old)
1st bath: Dec. 12th (with Grandma Weaver)
1st smile in response to voice: 2 weeks old (smiled when mom was singing to him)
1st time to find his own hands: Dec. 15th (2 weeks)
1st bath with dad: Dec.21st (2 1/2 weeks)
Starts to grab ahold of moms shirt: Dec. 22nd (3 weeks)
Starts to laugh when smiling: 3 1/2 weeks
1st road trip alone with mom: Dec. 23rd (3 weeks)
1st time to roll over: Dec. 24th (3 weeks)
1st photoshoot: Dec. 24th
1st trip to the U.P.: Dec. 26th (3+ weeks)
Finds his voice and realizes he can scream and people will respond: Dec. 29th (4 weeks)
Can stand up and hold head up well at the same time around 4 weeks
Holds up head well from birth...very well by 4 weeks
Can follow mom and dad around the room by 4 weeks

1st day home alone with mom: Today! We just relaxed and sang some songs this morning. Then he got a bath and I fed him. He was awake just looking out the window for about an hour and now he is out cold...which is why I can finally update my blog:)

3 comments:

Kari said...

That's awesome that you kept track of all those "firsts". He'll appreciate that when he's older. :)
He's just so adorable!

ParksnRec said...

Glad you guys had a good trip! I can't believe how much the little guy has changed in just a couple of weeks.

Alas though, you didn't miss much excitement on this front. New Year's is over and it's back to the grind again. When is the next vacation day????

heather j said...

Kari U.: I have tried to keep track...some of the things are hard to remember back to because I wasn't doing much in those first two weeks...but I did my best. I have kept a journal and am almost up to date with that...actually I have already filled two complete journals and just started the third (these were all since I got pregnant). I love to journal when I am nursing him at 5am, I find that keeps me awake enough to keep him awake enough to eat:) Newborns are hard to keep awake especially when you are breastfeeding (it is sooo nice and cozy:)

Kari P: Since I am with him every day I don't see the changes very much, but I know he is starting to fill out:) He has gained a pound already!! That's my boy!