Wednesday, January 04, 2006

The Dentist:(

Over the holiday's I broke off one of my back teeth...grrrr!! So frustrating! We don't have dental insurance and it is unbelievable how much it costs to get a tooth fixed. But there is no getting around it...the tooth broke off in such a way that it cuts into my tongue and the temporary fillings are not very good. I have already had to replace it 3 times (but I am thankful that there is such a thing that you can buy in the store for $3 (at Target).

So I made the dreaded trip to the dentist yesterday to find out what the damage was and it is going to cost us almost as much to get my mouth up to date as it did to have a baby and spend 4 days in the hospital. Something just isn't right with that picture. How in the world can dentists get away with charging so much for spending so little time in their office? Dan has a whole in his tooth and won't go in because he gets so outraged when he thinks of how dentists simply take advantage of people. I have 4 cavities to get filled on top of the broken off tooth, so at $100 a pop for the fillings and $700 for a crown, plus $75 for the initial visit and another $75 to get my teeth cleaned we are looking at $1250. Unbelievable!!

On a brighter finincial note: once again God knows the plans he has for us!! He knew that we would have a large dental bill coming up. We got our bill for the labor and delivery and it was only 10% instead of the 20% we anticipated:) God is good...All the time!!

2 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

Better to have it done right then to live in pain. Everything has a price and it keeps going up....yes frustrating. BUt as you said...God is good and he hath provided.

ParksnRec said...

Ugh, I hear you. Tommy needs 4 or 5 crowns and we have put it off for soooooo long because it would cost us just about that much too...even with insurance. Crazy!

But, the Rose Bowl is callin. Talk to you soon!