Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Our Smiley Little Guy

(Ya gotta love it when he throws his head back laughing, just makes my heart melt to see him smile at me...every time)

We are doing great at home together!! We have a lot of fun just being silly and singing silly songs, it's like we have no cares in the world when we are having quality time together. Josiah sure brings out the inner child in me. I just love singing all the little kid songs and playing silly games with him.



Not alot new has been happening lately!! Although he did have his first real tears last Friday! It just about did me in. I decided I would let him cry it out like the books say, so I let him go for 6 minutes and by the end of those 6 minutes he was absolutely histarical! So I went out to pick him up and lo and behold there were tears running down his cheeks...and of course you know what happened next...yep, you got it. Tears running down mom's cheeks!! So we have decided to take a little snipit from both major philosphies on raising babies: we are going to keep him on a schedule for feeding (unless screaming and can be consoled by no other means) and do demand snuggling:) He is such a snuggler!!! And I know that we will probably have troubles with him sleeping later on, but I have to tell you that by snuggling him at night to get to sleep, he seems to sleep much sounder and for longer.
Last night he slept for 6.5 hours (7 hours between feedings)!! Kind of by accident. I woke up at 2:30am and put his pacifier in and then again at 5:00am (which is when he was supposed to eat). But I was soooo tired that I just stuck the pacifier in and the next thing I know it is 6:00am and he went to bed at 11:30pm. So we got a great night sleep last night, but I had to wake him up at 6:00am to feed him because my body was telling me that he needed to eat or else I would explode:). He is such an awsome baby! I know that we have been blessed 100% with a good sleeper and I try not to take it for granted, because I know that not many are half as lucky!!

2 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

love those toothless gums!

Anonymous said...

That little man is getting more adorable by the second isn't he? I love those two bottom pictures the most. Congratualtions for you and Dan... I still remember the day.