Friday, September 19, 2008

They say things happen in 3's

And so they have! You are not going to believe this, unless you have already heard, but Josiah hit his teeth again today. There was no fall involved, but he jarred the teeth nonetheless. I don't know how this could happen to a kid 3 times in two weeks time. It just blows my mind really. This time we were out visiting my friend Christina and her family. She has a 4 year old whom is pictured down below. The boys had such fun and she has the perfect yard for 2 little boys to run free.

Josiah climbed into the swing and they were having a good ole time...then it was time to switch so that Josiah was pushing. Apparently Josiah didn't know much about pushing a kid on a swing because he gave a push as you can see in the picture below. I looked down to change a setting on my camera just as the swing came back and this is the part Josiah didn't know about...he didn't move from the spot where he pushed the swing and it cracked him right on that front tooth. You can see how it was the perfect height to do just that. The next time he pushes a kid ona swing, I will have to give him a little lesson that he has to move out of the way, so that it doesn't come back in bite ya in the mouth ;)

But what can I do...he is a boy and is almost 3. He is very independent and I can't (as much as I would love to) wrap him in bubble wrap, or put a helmet with a face shield on him. I can't take things out of his life just because they "might" hurt him. He just has to learn the hard way with some of these things. Such freak accidents...all 3 of them. But I am sure Josiah can't wait to go back and swing and play with his new friend. In fact just moments after it happened that is all he wanted to do is go back out there and play.

Josiah reacts to pain in a funny way, and maybe more people react this way than I know. But he gets pretty angry. He is very unconsolible, but even more than that. He starts lashing out if you try to comfort him. He gets extremely defiant and will pretty much out right ignore you if you are trying to talk to him or tell him no. Yes I know that is part of his age. But when he started to feel better these attitudes were gone. He no longer wanted to hit people on a regular basis, he no longer completely ignored me...ignored to some extent yes, but there was such angry defiance when he was in pain. I hope this heals fast both for his sake and ours.

I called the dentist and we have scheduled an appointment for Monday morning. The tooth was jarred in about 1/4 inch and is pretty loose. Not sure if it is loose enough to have to be removed, or if they will just say that it will heal up and firm up in time. We will just have to wait and see. I don't look forward to going back to that office because he just doesn't do well there. Nothing to do really and he just wants to go outside and play. Maybe this time will be different, we'll see!

Thanks for all the prayers up to this point! And I will have to ask for a couple more prayers. If he loses that other tooth, no apples or corn on the cob for many years to come. But I am sure he will look just as cute :)

1 comment:

Grace Acres said...

I think that if they would have created bubble wrap for children it would be a billion dollar industry. The pictures are cute tho.