Monday, September 15, 2008

The Flood

Lots of rain this weekend led to the biggest flood we have had since moving into our home. I still can't believe how much it rained and the amount of standing water in our yard. Josiah LOVED it!!! I mean how can you not love it. Puddles up to your skivvies and earthworms galore...a little boys dream :) We could hardly contain him on Sunday...he wanted outside bad. He could see the "Lakes" outside and he wanted in them badly. So I donned my sweatshirt and raincoat and out we went. I figured if I was going to have be out in the rain anyway, I might as well get something accomplished, so took a laundry basket out with me and picked all the tomatoes that had either started to turn or were nice and red. I also picked some green ones for some more fried green tomatoes (yummy good!). Josiah wasn't ready to come in, so I headed over to the raspberries and proceeded to pick 6 cups of raspberries which I am going to make into jam tomorrow morning! I am also going to try and can some salsa...we'll see! I did take some tomatoes from my neighbors garden...she has been gone for 2 weeks and her tomatoes are falling off the plant and splitting. Just makes me sick that she is letting all that produce going to waste. So I picked up the ones off the ground that were splitting. When she gets back I will take her a couple of pints of salsa because I do feel bad, but they are just going to waste otherwise.


Sunday Evening







Monday Morning




PRICELESS







1 comment:

Grace Acres said...

Now that is a lot of water in your pond outback, LOL. I absolutely love the fifth picture up from the bottom, but they are all so adorable, except for the worm one, I am so squeamish with worms and bugs.