Friday, February 24, 2006

The Lion King


It was absolutely incredible...everything I had hoped it would be. When I was in high school the cartoon movie "The Lion King" was very popular!!! My friends Karen and Debbie and I had all the songs memorized and most of the movie:) It brought back some fun memories. Actually Karen had a baby around the same time that I did...Dec. 18th I believe. A little boy!! Samuel Michael. I just can't get over all the baby boys that were born. To fun for us to have so many of our friends have boys at the same time!!!

Anywhooo, back to the Lion King:) I still can't get over the costumes and the props!! The music was incredible and the lighting and just about everything was awsome. Dan really loved it too and said that he would like to go to these kinds of shows more often:) Yaaahhh!!! I love going to the theatre and didn't really know that Dan would like it too. It is so great when our men continue to surprise us!!

Funny little tidbit...we are always looking for ways to save a few bucks. Well we made it to campus early to find parking. I had planned on parking at the Childrens Gardens...that way we wouldn't have to wait in line to get out of the parking garage at the Wharton Center. Plus I thought it would be free to park there. I was wrong...there was an attendant waiting to take your money even at that parking lot. Dan missed the drive to get into the parking lot anyways and took the next turn...and low and behold Dan noticed a leased parking spot that said no parking from 7am to 6pm. Lucky us it was 7pm and no one had parked there yet....free parking!!! Yaahhh!! We felt that our 10 years combined at MSU had just paid off:)

Soooo we had a new babysitter last night for the show; Julia and Heather (and Bert Alex:). I wrote out this big long list of things to do and when to feed him and when to play and sleep. I probably looked a little neurotic, but it just eased my mind. As we were leaving to go to the show Heather said they would call if there were any problems and we were to just have a good time and mind our own business:) hehehe So that is what we did...I didn't even call during intermission to see how things were going because I knew that Josiah was in good hands:) Well about 5 minutes into the 2nd half my phone started to vibrate and I panicked. I took the phone out and it said a message from Heather...aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh....what do I do? We had center stage seats and I had to crawl all the way out to the isle...I couldn't go fast enough! I was almost in tears and by the time I got out where I could open my phone up and call my voice mail, I had a few tears. I then opened my phone (a new phone, mind you) and where it normally says to call for a voice mail...it said read. She had sent me a text message...didn't realize that back at my seat or I wouldn't have crawled over everyone to get out. Then I read the message and this is what it said "Jo is doing GREAT!!!" Phew!! I felt stupid, but not yet anxiety free:) But by the time I sat back down..Pumba and Timon were doing their skits and they are always funny and in no time I was laughing and enjoying the show again!!! Crisis averted:)

Dan and I had a really great time. We laughed alot, which is so great!!! After the show we even raced to the car and laughed the whole way there...I laughed really hard when I realized that my milk machines make it near to impossible to run:) Flopping everywhere...hehehehe!!!! What a great night...panic attack and all:)

No comments: