Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Fun at Home with Mom!!!

We have finally settled into a nice routine:) Everyone kept telling me it would happen and it finally has....although I am not naive enough to believe that the routine will continue as it is today, but we will deal with the changes as they come about. Someone once told me that if times get tough, just wait a week or two and things will change. Everything with babies is only a phase...they are continually changing and learning new things.

Some fun new things that Josiah is doing and learning:

1. He is now actually watching the little animals on the mobile instead of just the shadows as they cross over his eyes:)
2. He can now palm a little basketball (not sure if he will be left handed or right handed, so I thought I would make sure to get a picture of both).



3. He is blowing bubbles and making brr sounds with his lips (definately potential for a future trumpet player in our midst:)
4. He is getting a little attitude when it comes to burping...he hates to do it and screams quite loudly in my ear...so I have just started standing him up and turning him from side to side a little and usually if I tell him to "burp for mom" I get a nice little burp right in my face...better than a scream I suppose:)
5. He is definately talking more and more. It is just the funniest thing though with him singing. I do have it on video, so as soon as I figure out how to incorporate videos into my blog I will have to share that with you all. We sing all kinds of songs, but he definately has a favorite..."
Do Lord, oh do Lord, oh do remember me, (oh Lordy)
Do Lord, oh do Lord, oh do remember me.
Do Lord, oh do Lord, oh do remember me.
Look away beyond the blue.
6. He is laughing alot now...I don't think I have ever heard a 2 month old laugh so much...we are sooo very blessed with this child.
7. He sleeps through the night. He has always been a great sleeper, sleeping 6 hours almost from the time we got him home. But now he is sleeping for 8 to 9 hours a night. Being a sleeper myself....I am loving this 100%. He even sleeps through his bath most nights. We have found that giving him a bath every night before he goes to bed let's him know that it is time to go to bed for the night and it relaxes him. I know I love a nice hot soak right before bed:)
Well that is about all for now!! We go for his shots tomorrow though. The advice I have received so far is to take Tylenol to give him immediately following the shots and be ready to nurse him right away since that will calm him right down. If there is anything else that people can think of, let me know!! I really am not nervous or scared about the shots (shoot I was there when he was circumsized, so I figure I can handle a couple of shots:) , I just want to make him as comfortable as possible.

No comments: