Monday, August 25, 2008

The Menu and lists

Here is our camping menu, I wasn't sure how else to pack food for an 8 day trip without coming up with a menu. That way we can decide each day what we feel like, but have everything we need on hand to make it.

Breakfast meals:
  1. Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat
  2. Dry cereal
  3. Poptarts
  4. Eggs and cornbeef hash
  5. Swedish pancakes and ham (which reminds me I need to add syrup to my packing list)
  6. Eggs in a nest with sausage and bacon ( from 2 Labor Day's ago).

Lunch Meals

  1. Chicken Salad Sandwhiches
  2. Hotdogs and baked beans
  3. Ham and cheese
  4. Spaghettios/Raviolis
  5. Tomato soup and grilled cheese
  6. Peanut butter and Jelly of course

Dinner Meals

  1. Hobo Pies (meatballs, carrots, potatoes, onions and italian dressing cooked in aluminum foil over the fire)
  2. Spaghetti, corn and garlic bread
  3. Bacon and Cheese Hamburgers
  4. Bagel Pizzas (pepperoni, ham and pineapple, black olives all cooked in our new toaster over that I got at a garage sale just for the camper)
  5. Brats, chips, pickles
  6. Tacos or Taco salad, whichever is easier

I have been working hard to get the camper ready. I have cleaned out all of the cubby spaces and consolidated all of the stuff. Even though we are still just storing the camper for my mom, there was a lot of stuff in there that was old and rotting, 10 year old toilet paper, dead bugs and whatnot...and it just needed to be cleaned thoroughly. There was a lot of stuff in there that was duplicated between my stuff and their stuff that I just made into one big lot and took out all the extra stuff. Much more organized and much easier to locate the stuff we need. For those of you who know me well, you know that this part of packing is fun to me. I love taking things that are chaotic and making them clean, nice and neat. I also had fun packing and organizing the food. I got a few tupperwear containers that I can put cereal and what not in them, so I got that all done today. Plus I made up the swedish pancake mix (minus the wet ingredients of course), but that way all we have to do is add a few things and Wala! Pancake mix.

Tomorrow: I am going to go shopping for the last of the stuff we need and finish making the beds. I got Josiah's bed made, and all the bedding is cleaned, I just need to make our bed. I was also going to make some cookies tomorrow, but we will see how early we get up and around tomorrow.

Wednesday: I have to do laundry and start getting bags around to pack, so that Thursday I can fold the rest of the clothes and pack our clothes.

Thursday: I am going to take pictures at the daycare again. Several of the kids are going to be leaving the daycare (because they are too old, have older siblings to watch them or are going to full day Kindergarten). So Kim asked

Friday: Take everything out to the garage that won't fit in the camper, so that Saturday morning we can back the truck up to the garage, load it up and head on out :)
Satuday: We are off to go camping :)

No comments: