Friday, August 15, 2008

Alone in a big building...

I am currently at work on a Friday night and I am all by myself. My co-workers get to leave 2 hours before I do and since I am the only one working this shift today, I am stuck here all by myself. I don't like it at all!!! But I don't really have a choice and I still get to leave early. There are sounds that happen that make it seem like there is someone else here and they creep me out. If I stay talking on the phone or watching a movie, it doesn't seem to be to bad, but there are a lot more noises back here where I am typing this that sound like footsteps or something. So in other words this post will be short.

I am not sure why I haven't been posting lately. Mostly, I think, because I forget!! Plain and simple. I could post at night while I am at work, but I don't think of it and I am often scrap booking.

Not sure really what to update first: Josiah is in a big boy bed and doesn't seem to have any desire to leave his bed. Not sure that he knows he can yet. I am sure that all in time I will have to worry about that, but for now there is a little lock that will prevent him from leaving out the front door in the middle of the night. Potty training is complete! With a small accident here and there, but pretty few and far between, including nighttime :) We discovered that he knows how to ride a 2 wheel bike last weekend, so I think we are going to get him one for our upcoming vacation.

Segue into vacation: We are taking our first family vacation and we are heading to a Jellystone Campground and couldn't be more excited. We will be there for 9 days!!! The first weekend we will have visitors (good ole Uncle Mike, Aunt Mindy and Luuuuke; our very favorite people to camp with, although they won't be camping, just visiting during the day, it will still seem like they are camping with us). They have go-karts, putt-putt golf, bumper boats, a heated pool, hay rides, games, a dance, etc. On the second weekend we are there they are doing Halloween in Sept. where kids from the area come trick or treating through the campground. They anticipate 300 kids! I am sooo excited!!! I have started to pick stuff up at garage sales and the dollar store to decorate our camper. And Josiah is going to be Superman with Dan and I as Johnathon and Martha Kent :) Should be a great time!!!

The biggest update that I have though is my new purchase :) I had a garage sale at the end of July and we made over $450. Way more than I ever anticipated. I was planning on getting a new camera (that is of course was if I met my weight loss goal of 20 pounds, which I did). But I had no idea I would make so much money and with Dan's blessing and encouragement, I bought a really good camera, a digital SLR camera, with 2 lenses. I ended up with a Nikon D40. We did a great deal of research on them to find out what would be the best for teh money we had to spend. With my birthday money and garage sale money, this is what we settled on.

I have taken more pictures in the last week that I have taken all year and for those of you who know me, that is a lot of pictures. I went to the day care and photographed their water balloon fight, I went to the company picnic and took tons of pictures and in general have taken a ton of pictures of Josiah of course. Here are a few of the pictures I took at the company picnic...that is if they ever upload.



Ok, so this post turned out to be much longer than I anticipated. I guess I just got so involved in typing that I forgot all about the noises happening around me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i know just how you feel being in a building all alone. Its never fun and there will always be some noises. Those pictures of Josiah really show him grown up! congrats on the new camera, i have one similar to yours and love it as well...just need to learn more about it. I hope you are doing well. talk toyou soon,
Terra