Friday, October 19, 2007

A New Day

Things are better today. I think the tornado warning last night, which sent all of us down to our basement at 10:00PM, may have put some things into perspective. I have also been praying more and more and the one thing that keeps coming up: I need to start reading my Bible. I haven't even opened it in months, maybe years actually. So last night I opened up to a random place (well random to me, but I am sure God had a direct purpose for it) Read Joel 2:12-15

12 "Even now," declares the LORD,
"return to me with all your heart,
with fasting and weeping and mourning."

13 Rend your heart
and not your garments.
Return to the LORD your God,
for he is gracious and compassionate,
slow to anger and abounding in love,
and he relents from sending calamity.

14 Who knows? He may turn and have pity
and leave behind a blessing—
grain offerings and drink offerings
for the LORD your God.

15 Blow the trumpet in Zion,
declare a holy fast, c
all a sacred assembly.

Talk about God speaking to me through his word! And then again I woke up this morning when Dan got a board up call just before 6am and I began to pray and God just kept telling me to read his word. So I started at the beginning of Joel and read until I fell asleep. Today, I am making a conscious effort to Trust God's plans for me. I need to stop worrying...it is making me sick with grief and I know God doesn't wnat that for me. I need to enjoy where I'm at and know that God will provide after this job...He always does.

I just need to remain completely positive about my job search. If one door shuts another will open. This depression is crushing me and it needs to be over. I do have some choice in the matter...not always, but today I am going to make a concious effort to do so!!!

So thank you for praying for me and continue please. But even though I am not at a successful job, I have been very successful in life. I have been married longer than 50% of the population, I have one of the most beautiful little boys in the world and our entire family has their health. Success is a perception. Dan and I have succeeded in life and we are grateful for our family and health. I think I just needed to write that down, to realize how true that statement truly is.

2 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

Wow, that scripture was for me too! I have let life get in the way of my relationship with God and I need to return to Him with all my heart. Thank you for passing on that reminder.

I wondered how you all fared with the tornado warning. We all slept in the basement too, just in case, though it didn't look like it came by our neighborhood.

I think success is more about who you are than what you've done. You two are loving, thoughtful, generous people and you are hugely successful in my book!

Dawn said...

Heather, I have been praying for your contentment. I know that you struggle with what job you will have or where God wants you. Just take a moment, and tell yourself "This is where God wants me today". Being content with who you are... a Beautiful mom, wife and friend. Now working is only a small part of you, despite it does pay the bills. Success can only be measured by what you know is important to you and your family! You are a dedicated person and today being where you are, is exactlly where God wants you to be. WE are here for you! BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS!!