Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I wish, I wish....

I wish, I wish....that I could find a job that was both fulfilling and that I could stay at for more than 4 months or even a year. The economy is so bad here in MI, that I find myself longing to leave so that I can find myself a career. However, I just don't know what God's got planned for me. Does He want me to stay here working at jobs that I get to come home every night and not think about...a job that I can focus on my family in the evenings and on weekends, not worrying about stuff at the office. Is that why He has me doing these random jobs. Shoot, this is my 4th job this year, if you count the month that I was substitute teaching.

Or is the fact that I have severed ties with several friendships an indication that He is preparing me to leave? I just don't know. If I moved out of state here are the things I would miss more that I can imagine: my family (although, my brother, sister-in-law and kids are moving out of state any time now, but I don't know what I would do without my mom being able to just hop on down to help me clean or help take care of Josiah or just for a visit. This year has also been fun for family get togethers...I think we attended almost all of them, which is so much fun for Josiah to get to know his family, so I would miss out on alot of that), I would miss my dear friendship with Mindy (Ok, so the friendship obviously wouldn't end, but getting together and hanging out, doing baby stuff and having our husbands building stuff, that would be gone. She has been a huge support over the past years...a true friend that can tell it like it is and that's ok. And I can do the same with her and that's ok too. I haven't had that in many friends...so thanks Mindy), and my church family (however it has changed so much over the past 6 months. So many of the friends that I had made there have moved on, we have a new pastor (which I do like) and we just can't seem to get excited about being back in choir. I'm not sure what happened, but again, I don't know if this is God preparing us to leave the church, or is it God telling us we just need to get more involved and find our niche in the church we are at).

Ahhhhh, if only I could tell what God is trying to tell us and what He has planned for Dan and I. Shoot even Dan's friend found a company that Dan would fit right into, making furniture. I don't think there are any openings, but his friend talked Dan up to the company owner (or someone) and is going to bring him his resume :) I just talked to a scientific head hunter in the same area and sent her my resume. So who knows. I know that Dan would love to leave his job and I would love to find a job...but we are also looking in this area for both of us...and my mom has also been working diligently to find us both jobs here. So hopefully in the end we both have new good jobs...I just don't know where they will be.

Keep us in your prayers: My biggest prayer right now is that we follow what God wants us to do. And that is so hard to figure out sometimes...so pray for us. Thanks in advance!!!

1 comment:

Mindy Richmond said...

You're welcome :) I would so miss you guys if you moved but I do understand having to do what's best for your family. I just hope you can both find jobs you love nearby. You are always in our prayers.