Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A visit with a friend long overdue and to short!!!

On our trip to MN, I got to visit my best friend from High School, Karen. Actually, funny enough, Dan's best from high school was Jeremiah (which is who we stayed with)...to have both of our best friends end up in the same city (or close by), is so crazy!!! And then to top it off, they both had little boys within 7 weeks of Josiah.

Anyway, my visit with Karen was far to short. I wish we could have spent an entire day with her, but there just wasn't time, plus she had to work. If we ever make that trip, I think I will set a day aside to spend with her family.

We met at Red Robins for lunch, and Jeremiah, Kelly and Brayden came along too. So there were 3 boys all just under 2 and 6 adults. Josiah refused to eat anything that we got him and was just a stinker. He just wanted to get up and run around. Sam (Karen's little boy) and Brayden just sat in their seats and ate...someone had to be the stinker. And as you can see from the pictures he just wanted to be left alone to run free, which meant that he wouldn't sit for a picture. The boys were funny though. Sam and Josiah finally found something to play with...sugar packets. Who would have guessed that sugar packets could tame the lion ;) But they took them out and put them back in the container over and over. Then they ended up on the floor, so they both ended up on the floor (gross, I know, but such is life) picking up the packets. At least they were occupied!!!!

Karen hasn't changed a bit...well except for the growing up part. But she was just like I remember. It was so great to just sit and talk like old times. Again, I wish we had had more time to reminisce. Next time! I just hope next time isn't 12 years from now. Anyway, here are some great pictures from our visit...




No comments: