Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Everyone had gone to a meeting but me :) So here I sit with complete silence around me and no one to tell me I did something wrong or show me a detail I missed. Peace! They also left me little to nothing to do until 3:00 this afternoon. Gotta love that. So I will post and update.

Sunday and Monday
Mood: really down and sad
Dan and I are both really stressed or at least on edge about our future (financially and career wise). We just don't know what's coming and there are so many unknowns. A very difficult situation to be in for any type of control freak. The hardest thing (which should be the easiest), is to know that God has a plan for both Dan and I and we just need to be patient to see when He will reveal it to us. So hard. I am especially getting scared about January, since my position here is over as of January 2nd or so. And since I got the final word that I didn't get the position here where I am working (which explains the depression), I don't know what I am going to do. I have put my application into many, many places, but have heard nothing back. Except for one that called on Monday for a CSR position. I don't know much about it, but they are supposed to be calling me sometime this week. Who knows!! I have also been applying for Dan to several places just for kicks. Who knows, maybe there is a company out there that might appreciate him and show it :P Things did get better when I got home yesterday though. Dan had left a little note for me that said he was sorry for getting upset the day before (which contributed greatly to the down mood). That was the best thing that could have happened. I let go of the crappy mood right then and there. I cleaned the kitchen like crazy and Josiah and I danced to Trans Siberian Orchestra. To cute! We were twirling around and around in the kitchen. There is just something about dancing freely that lifts the spirit.

Today
Mood: much better
Today, I actually got up early since there was a chance that the roads might be bad. So I got to work with time to spare today...always a good feeling. Morning went by pretty quickly...however still very little to do. I really can't stand that about this position. Oh yah, speaking of fast paced jobs. I stopped by AF yesterday, my previous employer, and they notified me that if I had stayed a few more weeks, that I would have definitely been hired. So I am not sure if it is a good thing that I left, because it was not meant for me to be there, or that I made a bad decision coming here for a few extra bucks. However what's done is done and I have to look forward. I did ask them if there was any chance they might need someone in the near future and he wasn't sure. So I am now waiting to hear back from the person that would know more. Who knows!!

Over lunch I did a quick return, picked up my crappy pictures from Wahlgreens. Ok, so I am going to vent. I am really ticked off at the quality of pictures that I just picked up. I ordered them through Snapfish. Never, never again will I order pictures through snapfish to have them picked up at Wahlgreens. Crappy, I tell you. I uploaded a very high resolution picture and they are blurry, very pixilated and glossy. I selected matte finish when I was ordering, however I guess Wahlgreens only does glossy. I hate glossy prints. So now what to do?? I think I am going to call Snapfish and complain. Maybe get my prints redone by their printer. Shoot my $100 printer made better prints than Wahlgreens. Ok, I'm done. Still ticked, but done.

I also picked up the final portable DVD player holder for our car. I think this is number 10. I have bought and returned so many holders, because none of them quite worked for our car. The one I ended up with I am happy about and it fits. So now only one more to return (the one previous to this one). For thinking I got a good deal on the DVD player itself. I was horribly wrong. $100 for the player and then $37 for the holder. If only I had waited a little longer into the Christmas sale season, I wouldn't have been out so much money. But Merry Christmas to us and it is a really good one with a nice big screen :) I just hope it lasts a very long time.

Oh yah, we got our family portraits done this weekend and I just haven't had time to upload the pictures. I will have to try and do that tonight or tomorrow. They turned out really great (except for the developing part :P) However Josiah was not very cooperative outside. We were outside for the family pics and he was just not happy. We couldn't for the life of us get him to laugh. Nothing any of us did made him smile. So Christy was at least able to get the poses that kind of look like he is smiling. Then we went inside in a new outfit and we got him really giggling. Very cute pictures when he is grinning.

So now I am up to date on the happenings in our lives. Hope all is well with all of you :)

1 comment:

Mindy Richmond said...

Yeah, after we had been talking about printing pictures through Snapfish I remembered why I don't pick up my prints at Walgreen's:
1) Walgreen's doesn't do matte finish (which Snapfish does tell you when you choose that method at check out online)
2) It costs $0.07 more per 4x6 print to pick them up at Walgreen's, so it's usually a wash to get them printed at Snapfish even with the shipping.

I don't know anything about the quality though, I've never had them done at Walgreen's. I just know I've always been happy with Snapfish's quality so you might try them directly next time.