Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Heading to the UP early, Please Pray

We got a call this morning that Dan's mom had a blood clot in her leg. By 5:30pm she had had one procedure that didn't work and they were taking her into surgery. By 8:00pm we got another call that the first procedure hadn't worked and that they were taking her into surgery again. Dan just received a call from the dr (strange man from what Dan said), but at any rate, she is out of surgery and recovering. Apparently the clot was chronic and had been there for some time. She still needs prayers for a recovery and that they resolve why she was getting a blood clot to begin with.

Dan and I are heading out tomorrow to the UP a couple of days early to visit and take care of things up there. So prayers for our travels. The hospital is an hour and a half from the house and they expect her to stay at least 3 days. So lots of driving coming up!

Merry Christmas to everyone who reads my blog :) And may I come back to my blog with good news regarding Dan's mom, our visit and some sort of work lined up for me in the New Year!.

Thank you to our Secret Santa (you know who you are and we are so very grateful for the help)!!! From both Dan and myself :)

2 comments:

Phoenix Rising said...

praying.

merry Christmas too!

drive safe and happy travels.

Anonymous said...

Heather and Dan,
I will keep you in my thoughts this year as you are traveling a lot. Drive safe no matter what. I wish you all a very merry Christmas and a wonderful new year. it will certainly be a turning point in Steve's and my life.
take care,
lovealways,
Terra