Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A Smile Makes Everything Better

On Sunday when I was at my lowest, it was just Josiah and I at home. I was sitting in the rocking chair kind of moping. Ok, so I was moping, no kind of about it. I had closed my eyes for a little while and all of the sudden he crawled up into my lap and snuggled. Which, any of you who know Josiah, know this is not normal behavior. And he stayed in my lap for quite some time. It felt so good to just sit and snuggle with my little man.

And then over dinner, which I had to drag myself out of the chair (yah, I was in bad shape, but much, much better now) to make dinner for Josiah, Josiah started acting really silly. He was trying to make me smile and laugh. He would bonk his head, smile and look at me to make sure I saw him, and then again and again, until he was laughing. God definitely put children on this earth to help us through the tough times and to, in general, make us laugh J There is no greater sound than the sound of a child laughing.

1 comment:

momteacherfriend said...

It is my all time favorite sound in all the earth.