Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Mystery Solved

I called Snapfish today. I have always been happy with the prints that I ordered directly through Snapfish, so I really couldn't understand why the quality was so very poor, even by going to Wahlgreens. So I called customer service at Snapfish and I had a great customer service person who understood exactly what I was talking about and could explain what had happened. They have a new feature on their website, called quick upload. What I didn't know, and probably many other people don't know, is that the pictures get truncated, or reduced when uploading this way. So the pictures that I uploaded that were originally 4256x2848 and the pictures size that actually got uploaded 590x394. Quite a difference there and explains 100% why the pictures were so crappy. There is an option that allows you to still upload the high quality picture, you just have to know to select it.

So I can't blame Wahlgreens, although I really do hate the glossy finish and will still probably not send them there again. But live and learn. And Snapfish is going to refund all my pictures so that I can reupload the pictures the way that doesn't lose quality and reorder the prints. So our Christmas cards will be really late this year. Oh well! Better late than never.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Heather,
i'm very sorry to hear about the rough times you are going through. we are keeping you in our prayers. Give Josiah a big hug for me for his birthday. I knew it had passed, but i havn't been on the computer much lately. I can't believe how time is moving right now. take care,love,
Terra