Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Not so "Merry"

So the company I am temping for has never made me feel like a temp...that is until today. I have been included in all the fun things that they do, all the birthdays, parties, hoopla, etc. I have brought food in for food day, planned a birthday party. The great thing about working here has been that they have not belittled me because I am a temporary employee. That is until today! Merry Christmas Heather, however you cannot come to the departmental Christmas party because you are a temp...oh and by the way maybe you could stay back and answer the phones! WHAT THE CRAP!!! No I will not answer your damn phones, are you kidding me. Apparently my supervisor is in control of this get together (whereas he was not in control of anything else) and he always plays by the rules and he went and asked HR. Mind you, they are not going out to eat, they are simply going to one of their houses for a light lunch. I could understand not getting a gift from the department, but being completely excluded. Merry freakin Christmas.

As you can see I am a bit upset. Tears have been shed, but I think that has to do with the unknown about a potential full time job at this company. I am simply waiting to hear if the head of HR approves it or not. So in other words, I have been selected (yay), but HR still needs to put their seal of approval on the deal. Along with Dan still not hearing about his potential raise and what's going to happen there. I am feeling quite stressed right now. I just didn't need to feel so belittled right now. I kind of want to curl up in a ball, cry and go to sleep. Crying has already been done, but I am sure there will be more. I hate it that stupid stuff like this can get to me so easily and make me so upset...but so be it...today they did!!!

2 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

He still hasn't heard back yet? That is ridiculous. Sorry to hear about the Christmas thing. How stupid is that? Makes no sense.

momteacherfriend said...

Stinky!