Monday, August 07, 2006

Josiah's 1st Camping Trip

We had such a great time! It was a last minute camping trip. I know, me spontaneous!! Don't let me kid you though...I still packed the kitchen sink (and bathtub):) I only had 4 days to get ready, but I still loaded the entire back end of hte camper!! But we had everything we needed and had an awsome time.

Friday Night
We didn't get to the campsite until about 7:30pm. Josiah took a great nap on the way to the campground and was rearing to go when we got there. Thank goodness I packed the excersaucer, because it was a life saver. We got everything set up just in time to get Josiah ready for a bath and bedtime. Thank goodness I stuck in Josiah's little blow up duck tub!! We heated up some water and gave him a little bath, I nursed him and laid him down in his pack-n-play (which by the way, fit perfectly in the camper where the table would normally set up.

After we put Josiah to bed Dan and I finally sat down and relaxed. I had found a new strategy game for kids at a garage sale called "Blockus". Very fun game. I don't normally like strategy games, but since it was designed for children, I could figure it out:) We didn't bother with a campfire Friday night because we were already to hot to bother with a fire.

SATURDAY

Josiah woke up at 6:00am and had no idea where he was and was immediately histerical. So I went and got him and brought him into bed with us. Amazingly enough we didn't even feel crowded with Dan, Buster, Josiah and myself. To calm Josiah down I nursed him and he went right back to sleep for another couple of hours. When we all finally woke up we just laid in bed and played for a little while.

After we got up and around, Dan and I needed to go to the bathrooms to brush teeth and stuff, so we put Josiah in the stroller and headed out with Buster to the bathrooms. Josiah remained reclined in his stroller for the entire walk. To cute!

Then we got breakfast for all of us! The picture that follows is for the benefit of Mindy. We love food when we go camping and this is just to get ya excited about our upcoming camping trip!!

After breakfast Josiah was ready for a nap and we just hung out and relaxed...ok so those who know me know that I actually took a nap too! I love camping with a baby. Everytime he takes a nap is a perfect excuse to take a nap and what better

1 comment:

momteacherfriend said...

YEAH!! I love camping. We just got back ourselves. The first year there is ALOT of extra stuff but it gets more condensed as they grow. Our vehicle was PACKED...we had breathing room...let's just say we were cozy.

Cute pic...I loved our back carrier.