Monday, August 14, 2006

The Menu is Set

Over Labor Day weekend Mindy and her husband Mike and Dan and I have made it an annual thing to go camping for the long weekend. We have had an awsome time the past two years and are looking forward to this year. Funny thing: I just got the pictures developed from our first trip 2 years ago. I took the camera in to get developed and really had no idea what pictures were on it until I saw them. And since I wasn't pregnant in these pictures I knew it was from the year before.

Anywhoo, Mindy and I got together to set the Menu. We both love eating good food when we camp, and we have similar tastes in food, so it works out well. The husbands either go along with what we make or make something for themselves...but mostly they like what we like, so it works out well.

SATURDAY
BREAKFAST
Eggies in a Nest
Sausage
Juice
LUNCH
Hotdogs or brats
Macaroni Salad
Chips
Pickles
Cookies
DINNER
Hobo pies (made in a dutch oven)
Tomato, cucumber, green pepper salad

This an awsome concoction that we have developed and perfected over the past two years.

DESSERT
S'mores
Peanut butter chocolate pies

SUNDAY

BREAKFAST
Pancakes
Bacon
Orange Juice

LUNCH
Hamburgers
Potato Salad
Chips
Cookies

DINNER
Leftovers

MONDAY

Today's menu is easy and leftovers and doesn't require a fire (in case we run out of wood)because we have to pack up to go home:(

BREAKFAST
Cereal
Oatmeal
Fruit

LUNCH
Tunafish Sandwhiches
Leftover Salads
Chips
Pickles
Cookies

*I wish the picture thing was working, I would have had a picture of lunch too! You will just have to imagine the brats and chips:)

No comments: