Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Kentucky Part II The Horse Races

KEENELAND
Blue Grass Stakes
2006

What an absolutely gorgeous day we had at the horse races. I think we finally got all packed up and headed down the races at about noon. Just in time to figure out how to make a few bets on the first couple of races. I had only been to the races one time and Dan had never been, so we had lots of questions but when it came down to it...we just did things simple:) Dan picked all of the long shots (the ones who were not expected to win) and I picked the 2nd and 5th horse in every race (the 2nd for Josiah's B-day and the 5th for Dan's B-day). All in all we won about $45...not above and beyond our bets, but since the money was a gift, it was as if we really did win some money:)

All in all it was just a fun day. The following pictures are just a few I took while at the races...

On our walk into the races there was a horse in the stall that was very willing to get his picture taken...too funny!

A few of mom, dad and Josiah (and Samantha:)

Josiah and his cousins being silly...having a good time at the races:)

We took up 2 rows...19 adults and 13 kids...that's alot of family. I think the cousins all had a great time getting to know one another. I know I had a great time getting to see family I hadn't seen in a long time. It was also great for the family to meet Josiah:)

We left before the last race, hoping to beat the crowds, but I think lots of people had the same idea. At any rate we had a few minutes to take our shoes off and play in the grass while we waited for the rest of the group to head on out. Josiah seems to really like the grass!!

When we got back to the hotel, Josiah was awake and we were excited to get him in the swimming pool!! His first time in the swimming pool! I had alot of fun....we got the video camera out and took pictures. I think Dan was just as glad to be the photographer than to be in the pool. It was so great...the only other person in the pool with us was his cousin Samantha. So there weren't lots of kids scaring him and splashin him. It was also fun to be in the pool with Samantha to see how great she is doing in the pool...swimming under water and jumping in the deep end. I think she had a good time too:)

2 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

This is fun looking at all these pictures, I almost feel like I was on vacation too! I especially love that close up of you and Josiah with your hats on. I think it should be the new profile pic. And may I say that you are just stunning in all of these pictures. You have a lovely smile, my dear :)

heather j said...

Thanks Mindy!! That means alot! And I think I just might make that picture my new profile pic. It is cute isn't it:)