Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mom's 1st night away!!

I had a bacherlorette party to go to for a good friend from college last weekend. There are 5 of us from MSU that have stayed in close touch over the years and through thick and thin we have supported each other when we were up and given a listening ear when down. We even have a name for ourselves...The Yaya's! No, not original, but it was a story that brought us all closer together for some reason. At any rate! Dan and I were the first to get married 6 years ago...then Beth and Kari in the same year and now Brandi is getting married this year.
I decided not to drink because I was already very nervous about leaving Josiah over night and I figured alcohal would just make things worse. Plus I didn't do all that work storing up my breastmilk...just to have to pump and dump. I think it would have broken my heart to dump my milk down the drain...as funny as that sounds. It would have made me sick to see it all go to waste (I am sure breastfeeding moms understand that 100%:)

At any rate we had a great time at the house before hand, eating and getting ready. We made Brandi dress up like a Detroit Lion's cheerleader:) (Her fiance is a Lion's nut and that is putting it mildly, so we thought it would be a fun theme). Ok we didn't make her...she very willingly put on the cheerleading skirt and shirt that we got for her. She looked to cute!! Then we all had black lions t-shirts and put black make-up under our eyes. We were her "team" or her "bouncers" however you looked at it!! All in all we had a great time!!


And I even got to sleep in the next day!! Although when I woke up at 9:30am I was in tremendous pain...I needed to pump badly. My body was not used to sleeping in that late!! It was ready for a 7:00am feeding and I slept right through it:) Funny how your body continues right along on the same schedule regardless of what you have planned!!!

No comments: