Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Putting 2 and 2 together

1st story: we were up at my mother in laws over Thanksgiving. She keeps a salt/pepper shaker by her chair in the living room (at a perfect height for a 3 year old to grab ahold of it). And grab ahold he did. Actually the point when I saw the shaker again it was in Josiah's hands and the salt was empty. I told Julie to beware...all of her salt was gone and I have no idea where Josiah dumped it.

2nd Story: I bought this cool tupper ware thing that works great for cereal at a garage sale this summer. So I finally got around to putting our favorite cereal (Cinnamon toast crunch) in the thing back in the beginning of November. Hey at least I am using it!! As I was packing to go up north for Thanksgiving weekend, I thought I would stick the tupperware with the cereal in since it was already set for packing. Over the course of the weekend, Josiah had been in and out of the thing. Saying the cereal made him happy! Too cute! When we got home, about 2 weeks later, Josiah and I had the Cinnamon Toast Crunch. It tasted funny, but I thought it was the milk. It was a brand we hadn't had before. I actually said something to Dan about it and he said he didn't notice anything funny about it. He just thought it was 1% instead of skim. Nope, it was skim. But I still just wrote it off as something wrong with the milk. I had it again a week later and it still tasted funny, but still nothing clicked that there was something wrong with the cereal.

The 2 and 2 moment: occurred while trying to fall asleep for an afternoon nap last Sunday. Something the pastor said at church about Salt of the Earth. And then all of the sudden, out of way left field, it clicked....yep, I know you have all guessed it by now...Josiah had dumped the salt shaker into the tupperware with the cereal. The confirmation test: there was actually salt around the rim that I thought was sugar from the cereal. The taste test confirmed that it was salt. Soooooo grosse! But then again I suppose it really could have been worse. Silly kid!

1 comment:

Grace Acres said...

So funny it wasn't saltyier, good thing you figurered it out till only the last bowl. I am sure that would have been delish.