Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Antics

The latest little attitude thing Josiah has been dishing out is "Do you understand me?" Pretty sure he is exactly mimicking us...and yes it always comes back to bite you in the ass, those little comments. But this little comment he used on me, in a not so quiet voice in Meijer the other day. He wanted to ride in the fun video carts and I told him no, we were just getting a couple of things. And he proceeded to yell at me "Do you understand me? I want to ride in the carts!!!!" Over and over actually! Funny as hell to all those surrounding me, but slightly embaressing to the mother. :) What do you do! Sadly to say, he got that cart, because I thought it was so funny...and yes to all those parents that are thinking that is going to bite me in the ass too, I know!

He has been so funny lately. "It was an accident" is the precursor to anything he has just done that has caused a mess. The great thing is, you know almost immediately when he has spilled something, pee'd his pants, knocked something over, because he comes and tells you it was an accident. Funny kid!

Sweet kid: He has learned the song "Santa Claus is coming to town". So one day he was sitting in time out for something quite minor. But he was sitting there as good as can be and he looks at me with the sweetest little face and says "Santa is coming to town". My heart just about melted, not necessarily because of what he said but because of how he said it :) About a week later, Dan picked him up from daycare where they had made glass mugs decorated to look like Santa, filled with candy. They got out to the truck and realized they had forgotten the mug inside and Josiah looks all sad and says "Santa's not coming to town?" I have yet to hear him sing the song, but my mom caught him singing it when he was all by himself :)

He is soooo excited about Christmas presents this year. So excited that he has already opened the presents that he made for Dan and I at daycare and wrapped himself. Then yesterday he waited until Dan got to Kim's to pick him up yesterday and then proceeded to open the one present left under the tree that was meant for another kid. Kim said he had been eyeing that present all day, and he just couldn't stand it anymore, so as soon as Dan walked in, he tore open the gift. Silly kid! Oh, but the classic opening present story happened at daycare the first day she had the tree up. She had wrapped a couple of presents and put them under the tree. Never did she imagine that it would be Josiah that would have to be watched. The first day, she caught him under the tree tearing only the corners of all the presents. To cute! She got a big kick out of it :)

I am sure there are many more antics that are worthy of putting down in type, but I can't think of any more right now. Just know that he is just a silly kid right now! And a whole lot of fun, when he isn't trying to be independent ;)

1 comment:

Mindy Richmond said...

Oh holy hell, I came here to comment (I usually just read your posts in my feed reader) and about peed my pants when the music came on. My speakers were up kinda loud. Yikes.

Anyhoo, what I was gonna say was we are enjoying the silliness with Luke too. Even when they are trying to be independent, it's frustrating but you have to give them credit for trying :)

We got Josiah's picture card in the mail and Luke was so excited, he wanted to keep looking at it so I put it on the fridge so he can see his friend during every meal! We miss you guys. Maybe we can get together after Christmas. Have a good one!