Friday, March 28, 2008

Easter Part 1: The outside Easter Egg hunt on Sat.

Since the weather forecast for Sunday was not very good and Saturday was really nice with the sun shining and all, that we decided to hide the plastic eggs during Josiah's nap for him to find when he woke up.

Dan and Josiah killin time waiting for Cousin Jack to come over for the Egg hunt.
Getting ready to go outside for the hunt!
Mama and Daddy hiding Easter eggs in the snow for the first time. (yes these pictures are posed and Dan really didn't want me to take it, but I made him ;)

I think they had fun finding the Easter Eggs. Josiah did much better than I thought. He kept losing his eggs out of his basket and I would grab them and rehide them (in an attempt to kill time waiting for Jack and to make it last longer). But he got mad and yelled at me "No, No, Mama" So I stopped doing it :) They had fun though!
Cousin Jack and Aunt Cindy (sorry this picture is so dark, I couldn't lighten it up much more without distorting the picture.)

Grandma helping Josiah open the eggs.
Josiah discovering that there was chocolate in the eggs. I think he would have eaten it all or at least every other one, if we hadn't put it in a baggy:)
A snow ball fight ensued after the hunt was done and after the candy had been tapped into. Papa started it and we eventually all joined in. That was fun!

After we had all recovered from the Easter Egg hunt, we all headed to the Community Center to go swimming. What a great day!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Josiah had a wonderful Easter; it all looked like lots of fun.
Love, Kathie