Friday, May 25, 2007

And the week continues...

The Good News: Josiah is doing great!! The swelling is almost completely gone and after hopefully the last dr. visit for a little while, he said his hand looked good. He was doing so great that he would have the energy to throw an all evening tantrum. Good fun!!!

More Good News: My mom and stepdad, Bob, came down for a visit while I went on two interviews today. They took Josiah to his Dr. apt and then came back and helped with some much needed cleaning. Bob lit a fire under Dan's butt and our front yard is almost completely free of great big logs that have been preventing us from mowing our yard. Yah!!! We were gratefull for all they did for us today!

Not so good news: Dan and I had applied to the same place a couple of weeks ago for a Programmer Trainee position. The training was on the job for 3 months and then upon completion, you would be hired and given a raise with benefits. A person at our day care happened to work there and I had asked her if she anything about it. She checked into and let me know on Thursday that they had already chosen their candidates. On the upside, the person asked if I might be interested in another position they had available. Who knows.

More not so good news: I had the two interviews today, one at a bank and the other at a temp job doing filing and data entry. I was so excited after my first interview for the bank job. It was 4 weeks of training and several on the job rotations. The benefits were fenominal and would start on the first day. I thought I had done really great and that I had made a connection with my interviewer. They would let us know today if they would call us back for a second interview. I guess in my mind I had already gotten the job...not sure why, I just felt really confident. So when I got the call at 3:00pm saying they had selected other candidates, I was shocked and then really down. Thank goodness my mom and bob were here...a great distraction and I didn't really have time to shed many tears. I am trying to look at it that it just wasn't meant to be and I didn't have to make that decision, it had been made for me. I think the second interview went well. I was so confident after the first interview that I had a hard time getting focused. But I finally convinced myself that I should really take this seriously because you just never know. I think the interview went well, but that's what I thought about the first one too.

Just plain down and out: It is just soooo frustrating when things just don't seem to be going our way. I have no idea what God has planned in this for me, I sure wish I knew. I know for sure that he is testing our ability to live with less and spend less, because we simply don't have it anymore. We haven't been in this position in a long time, or maybe ever in our marriage. So its really tough knowing that we have all these bills coming, when I have no idea how, or where I will be able earn a living when school is out in less than 3 weeks.

We are now talking about trying to sell or trade in both our Aztek and Prism to get out from under at least one monthly payment and use the profit (if there is one) to get a car that is already paid off. We can always get something newer when I am able to find a stable job (if there is such a thing in my future).

On the sort of upside: I got our travel rewards statement from our credit card and we have spent enough money (yah, they sure do get you here...spend more to get a few bucks but still something) to pay for our upcoming trip to the UP. OK, not the whole trip, but it will pay for our camping and a few miles of gas :) I was pretty excited when that came in the mail today.

Yah, pretty down and out...and really trying not to be. So, I am sorry if my bloggin is really depressing right now. I will let ya know when things are starting to turn around. Hopefully that will be really soon! Thank you again for all the prayers. We have never needed them more and are so grateful, for those of you that have kept Josiah and our family in your prayers!!!! Who knows what tomorrow will bring!!!!

No comments: