Tuesday, November 22, 2005

9 Days and Counting

I went to the doctor yesterday and found that nothing has changed and that I just need to keep waiting (which brought on a flood of tears of course, no one at this point in their pregnancy likes to hear that they just have to keep waiting). However that is the best thing for the baby if he decides to make his appearance when he is good and ready. However, if he doesn't decide to come on his own, the doc agreed to induce me a week from Thursday (Dec. 1st). So there is a light at the end of the tunnel (if only "Gil" would go towards it sooner;) On a positive note: if "Gil" decides to take his time and wait until Dec. 1st, my doc will get to deliver me otherwise another doc will do the delivery, so now I am kind of hoping he decides to take his time:) That is the feeling at the moment...and is subject to change at any given moment.

There were many tears shed to get to this emotionally stable point, but I feel so much better having that end date!!! I was actually able to sleep much more soundly last night, which all of you know I love to do. And I am making plans for the week ahead. Dan and I are very excited that our good friends Mindy and Mike invited us over for Thanksgiving dinner...that gives me something to definitely look forward to (she said they made 6 pies...well count me in for eating one of those pies:) hehehe And then since my doc gave me a prescription for Vicadin...I plan on making our annual shopping trip on the day after Thanksgiving. Probably won't do much, but at least we might get a few good buys:)


My next doc apt is schedule for next Monday where they will do an ultrasound and a non-stress test and check me again to see if there has been any progress. I will keep you posted!!!

So as of right now the countdown beings!!! Only 9 DAYS to go for sure:)

4 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

There might not be 6 pies after all, but we will definitely be set for dessert. I think my dad is making my Grandma's famous raspberry salad. Yum. And we have a 19 pound turkey, so there will be plenty of food! As much as I want to hurry up and meet Gil, I'm really looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with you and Dan, so now I'm torn between wanting you to go into labor and wanting you to be there for Thanksgiving!

heather j said...

That's ok about the pies...I was just kidding. But we actually have an apple pie that we bought from the boyscouts on Sunday that we could bring...so there you go. Plus I was planning on bringing a few of the peanut butter no bakes:) By the way, what time on Thursday are you getting together?

heather j said...

I have to take back the part about the pie...Dan cut into it before I could tell him that I had offered it up for the Thanksgiving dinner. Sorry! But we could always pick one up at Felpausch...they have the Grand Traverse Pie Company pies and they are awsome...let me know!!

momteacherfriend said...

So many mixed emotions towards the end of pregnancy. In/out NOW/wait here/there do this/don't and so it is! Praying that he comes in his own time, healthy with sucessful labor.