Sunday, November 27, 2005

4 Days and Counting...

Thursday: We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Mike and Mindy's though!! Awesome food and great fellowship. Dan and I were so excited that they had two of our all time favorite foods..Crab dip and corn pudding (also known as corn bake, which we would love the recipe for...I think it was a little different than the one we make...much sweeter and we couldn't quite figure out what made it so sweet and yummy). It was nice to just relax that day and not feel guilty that I wasn't up helping cook or clean up!! Overall a great Thanksgiving Day!!

Friday: Believe it or not...Dan and I made it in shopping on Black Friday! We have not missed a single Black Friday since we got married and gosh darnet, we weren't going to miss it this year. I think we went to about 4 stores. We were to Best Buy at about 6:30am (so everything was gone already) and home by 9:30am. We are very efficient shoppers and have it mastered. So we ended up with some fun things...we generally say that this is our Christmas gift to each other!! Gotta love the sales!

Saturday: Well we had our first trip to the hospital yesterday. I was pretty sure I wasn't in labor, but I was having severe pains in my lower abdomen that just wouldn't let up. So I called the on call Dr and they suggested that I go in to get checked out since it was abnormal pain. Dan and I packed up the car and headed off to the hospital where we got hooked up to monitors and little Gil got to demonstrate his ability to swim in utero:) The sounds that were being made when he was moving around were kind of swishing like sounds...which made it sound like he was doing laps:) Who knows maybe he is just preparing for the Olympics in 2020!!!

They never did figure out what was wrong and the pain went away before we even left the hospital..go figure...that is always how it goes for me!! But they did for tell me I could up my vicodin dosage, so now it is working properly. I have very little pain now, which is sooo great!! Makes it ok that I might not deliver until Thursday..in fact it makes me want him to wait until Thursday, so that my Dr will be the one delivering him.

Sunday: The day to rest!! And I plan to do just that. I am going to work on some crocheting in front of the TV watching old movies and feeling warm and cozy with a fire blazing in the wood stove. So I am off to relax.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Sunday was my day of rest too. I didn't even get dressed until 3 or 4. It was just what I needed. Although, I wish I had that wood burning stove, that would have been the icing on the cake.
I can't wait to hear the news about little Gil finally joining us in the world. I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

We are still trying to get all of our shopping done before I come to stay! John and Sandi both called today and are thinking of you. Saw Norma at tennis and she also is thinking of you, but her Mom was in the hospital and now a nursing home so her weekend was not as happy as ours. Nice to know so many people are thinking of you!

heather j said...

I love having the woodstove...just makes everything nice and warm and cozy:)

It is really great to have so many people praying for us. You can never have too many people praying for safe delivery:)

Thanks for posting mom!!! You should feel very much in the main stream...posting on a blog:)