Saturday, January 05, 2008

Update on me

I have been searching very hard for employment, as most of you know. I have had many doors slammed shut lately and have been discouraged at times to say the least. Overall my depression has not been to limiting lately, so that is always good.

I do have a second interview on Tuesday for a 2nd shift lab tech job. Not the most ideal shift (2:30 pm to 11:00 pm). This would be pretty tough on us as a family...but not nearly as tough as the lack of money is becoming right now. So I will go into that interview with my guns blazing and give it every thing I've got.

I went to another temp agency today, because I felt that the 2 I was working with were not able to find me employment. Their leads were few and far between. I went to Office Team today and wow, what a difference. They had 2 jobs to offer me today that would have started on Monday. I couldn't give up my shot at a full time position for a $10/hr temp assignment, but it was so great to know that they had those opportunities. They also had an admin assistant position open that was temp to hire with a big company and a pretty good starting pay. She was going to send my resume with my test scores and get back to me. So hard to believe that I was there for a total of 3 hours and they had 3 jobs ready for me to consider. The other temp agencies rarely ever call with positions and I have to keep calling them to bug them about keeping me active. So I felt really good about going over to Office Team. However, Kelly Services did call me today and said they had a lead on a longer term temp position for $11/hr.

So today it seems as though a few doors have been opened. If you had asked me even 5 years ago if I would be grateful for employment paying $11/hr, I would have thought you were out of your mind. But today, I need to work and today we are still truly blessed with our home, Josiah, our friends and family. Today we are still living life healthy and warm (something to be extra grateful for this time of year). Yes, we are struggling and yes we are excepting the help that has been given us with open arms, but yes we are still blessed in so many ways. Not always easy to see through the sadness and frustration, but on days like today when the doors didn't slam and they seemed to open a bit, it is a little easier to see those blessings.

Well it is 7:30 am and I am sure that some of the boys in my house are about to wake up or maybe they'll sleep until 9:00 and I can catch an hour of shut eye! I promise I will post pictures soon though!!

No comments: