Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A few good days!

The last couple of days have been much better. Fewer tantrums and more cooperation. We'll take what we can get. He has also eaton what I have given him, so that always helps our evening routine go much better. If there are no tantrums at the dinner table, it is less likely that there will be a tantrum after dinner. Although the other night he had a time out the second we walked over the threshold into the house. He wouldn't come in and when I tried to pick him up he went limp and was crying. Apparently he didn't want the apple I was promising him as we walked in, he wanted the chicken nuggets in the bag I was holding that he got his first whiff of the second we hit the threshold and I offered the apple. This was all after he through an all out, lay on the cold ground, kick and yell, tantrum because I wouldn't let him eat the old apple on the floor of the car (yah, I have a hard time keeping my car clean, such is life). Ok, so I put him directly into timeout and right after he got out of timeout he ate the entire apple and his first mcdonalds hamburger. We can now up the types of meat he will eat to hotdogs and the unknown meat they put in the hamburger at McDonalds. I really hope that someday soon, he starts to try new things. But he does love applesauce and cottage cheese, the new staples in our house.

Now I am really hoping that this weekend will be good. We have thought about taking him to see the new Bee movie. Now I am sure there are some out there that will read this and think that he is much to young, but that boy loves to watch movies, so we will just have to see. But I definately would leave if he gets bored and can't sit still. We'll just have to see. If we do go it will be on Sat. morning when the crowds will be minimal. Who knows! Maybe he will love it!

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: