Tuesday, July 11, 2006

My Birthday

My day got progressively better!!! I decided that it was up to me whether or not I was going to have a good day and I made it a great day. I put Josiah down for a nap, made myself a cup of coffee and grabbed my trashy magazine and headed for the deck. Dan, Josiah and I had been sick for so long that we had almost let summer pass us by. So this was a wonderful treat for me to just relax out on the porch enjoying a beautiful summer morning. It was so great to not have to work on my birthday!! I had a productive day, doing laundry and cleaning a bit here an there, but I didn't over due it...it was the beginning of my birthday week;) Once Dan got home we packed Josiah up and headed out to the babysitter to drop Josiah off for the evening. My good pal Heather has a teenage daughter, Julia, who has become a wonderful babysitter for us. Josiah loves her and she hasn't had anyproblems watching him. And she has been available every time I have needed someone (huge bonus). After we got Josiah all settled in, we headed out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Mindy and her husband Mike were going to meet us there for dinner...unfortunately Mike had to work and couldn't make it, but Mindy still joined us. I was sooooooooooo glad that she came and celebrated my birthday with me. I was feeling really down that nothing was going to happen, no surprise party, no weekend get away...and for my big 30 birthday. So the fact that she came out with me really meant alot. PLUS she made me a birthday pie. It was made using rhubarb from my very own yard:) And it was soooo good!! It was rhubarb cheesecake with whip cream on top. I had never had it before, but man was it good. Minday had brought forks so that we could eat it in the parking lot of hte movie theatre in between dinner and the movie:) To fun. The tail gate on my vehicle wasn't flat enough, but as you can see, Josiah's portable high chair made a perfect table. The reason there is only cool whip on part of the pie is because 3 of us couldn't eat the whole pie after eating a big meal at Texas Roadhouse. Which reminds me of a funny storry about dinner...I am the kind of person that likes attention (which those of you who know me, know this to be true). So I kind of like having the silly birthday song sung to me at restaraunts and I am only slightly ashamed to admit it. Well on our way to the restaraunt I mentioned this to Dan. However there was a miscommunication with the waitress and it didn't happen and I was slightly bummed and Dan knew it. So when I got back from the bathroom, he stood up in the restaraunt and was swinging his beer mug back and forth singing to me....way better than silly wait staff singing to me!!

After we ate our pie we were off to see Superman Returns. Good flick, but I am still a huge fan of Smallville and it was hard to get used to the new characters in the movie. I am however very excited about the opening of Pirattes of the Caribbean...I had hoped it would open just in time for my birthday. But Superman was a very good!

On Saturday, Dan and I once again dropped Josiah off with a babysitter. This time a woman from church had offered and we took her up on it:) And we went golfing! We actually played a scramble...which was so much more fun for the two of us that golfing our own ball. We both had some really great hits which makes it even more fun. I think playing a scramble made it so that Dan would want to go out more often...if only we had the money, time and free babysitters to do so:)

8 comments:

Mindy Richmond said...

That was such a great time and I'm glad we got some pictures to capture the memories. They turned out great!

momteacherfriend said...

Dan is so funny. I laughed at the thought of him seranading you. Much better than wait staff indeed.

ParksnRec said...

I'd better warn Tommy that his "birthday week" concept is catching on. :) He's throwing around the idea of a "birthday 2-weeks"..... uh oh.

Mindy Richmond said...

Kari, I always skip the birthday week concept and go straight to "birthday month"!

The funniest part about Dan's version of "Happy Birthday" was that he sang it like he was drunk. I told Heather that the Drunken Yooper version beats the Texas Roadhouse Cowboy Yeehaw version any day!

heather j said...

I think we have been doing birthday week since we met and now it has a whole new meaning. The person having birthday week gets out of poopy diapers and doesn't have to get up early with the baby:) Plus gets a nap when needed. My personal favorite!

I tried to get birthday month...since I thought that 30 days for the 30th, but it just didn't catch on with Dan like I thought it might;)hehehe

Mindy, that's right...he was acting like a drunk yooper..it was hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

Anonymous said...

What a great site Maine pyar kun kia Gas heating home stove License plate frames for cbr600rr Thuja giant allergy Attorney lancaster malpractice medical Asian web cam chat Small penis picture http://www.antidepressant-4.info/best-way-to-lower-blood-pressure.html Physical activity page fitness activity

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work http://www.quotes-auto-9.info/Levaquinwithoutpriorprescription.html transvestite xxx movies Nizoral prescription strengh accutane and hairloss free credit reports