Monday, May 22, 2006

1st Tooth...Big Deal!!

My boy is just growing up sooo fast! I started to see his little tooth on Wed of last week and by Saturday morning it had broke through and the 2nd tooth was beginning to come in right next to it. He is going to look so cute with 2 little "toophers". Not sure why we all call teeth that, but it just sounds cute. Hard to believe it, but it is so exciting to see that first tooth make its grand appearance. It is the sign of things to come I guess. Real food some day in the near future. We did give him a teething biscuit (as recommended by one of his grandma's;) and he loved it. In fact he actually objected for the first time when I tried to take it away from him. Not sure I am ready for the time when he starts to object to things. It is so easy now. When I say he's done, he's done and thats that. But it will be fun to see his little personality grow though!



Not feeling good! Most likely from the teeth, but being a first time mom, I dragged him off to the doctor today. He had goop coming out of his eyes, all degrees of snot out of his nose and he was super congested. Plus I wanted to talk to the doctor about him screaming in the middle of the night, but not waking up and and us not being able to wake him up. He just said to give him some Tylenol before bed and see if it helps. Who knows what's causing it, but it sure is tough have him screaming out like that in the middle of hte nigt. Last night was especially bad because he wouldn't go back to sleep in his bed...he wanted to be held and every time he fell asleep and I tried to put him down, he woke back up. So I finally brought him in bed wiht me and I got about 3 hours of sleep. Needless to say, we took the day off today:) I needed a break anyway and could switch around my work schedule to do so.

I took him in a grocery cart for the first time today (but I didn't have my camera...just my camera phone, so I at least took a picture with my phone:) pathetic, I know. I had actually decided to keep the infant carseat in the car because Josiah wasn't quite ready for a grocery cart and I didn't know how else I would go shopping. Well the big day has arrived. He did just fine in the cart and played with all the food I put in next to him. He loves crinkly stuff:)

No comments: