Wednesday, June 11, 2008

"We Did It"

Straight from a babe's mouth!! Josiah went poop on the potty tonight!! Dan caught him in the act and asked him if he wanted to go on the potty and he said "Yah!!" Dan took him to the bathroom, Josiah sat and proceeded to "Go Poop" and afterwards said "We did it" Yeah! I know this doesn't mean that he is completely potty trained, but this is a huge step :) When I called him tonight I said to him "You're a big boy now" and Josiah replied "Yah, go poop" To cute! He was so proud of himself. Now will he do it again and again...that is the question! At any rate, I am pretty excited!

On the peeing front, there have been a few set backs. Probably due to potty training at a youngish age maybe. I don't know! But I caught him trying to pee on his craftsmen workbench! Thank goodness I caught him and made him go straight to the bathroom. I forewarned our daycare, just in case. The news I received that night was that he had pee'd in the toy box and then pee'd on the wall in the dining room. They looked at it as though he was a little puppy being potty trained, always looking for the next spot to go pee! That kid! But what are you going to do :) Thank goodness, Kim is very understanding and simply laughs if off ;) And then today Kim said that he didn't go on the potty very often at all. He started peeing in his pull-up. But they were also out on the slip and slide and his little body was probably confused by the wet pull-up and what not. Plus the other kids at day care have really started to get after him when he pee's outside or anywhere else for that matter, so maybe he was just being shy today. Who knows! So we were super shocked to have him poop on the potty!

What a huge milestone!!! I can't wait until we can ditch the diapers! What a savings that will be :)

2 comments:

momteacherfriend said...

YEAH!!
It is with great joy that we ditched the diapers at our house. Here's hoping you will be ditching them soon.

Kellie said...

I just found you. Love to see the updates and the photos. I am "lightly" trying with my now 3 1/2 year old boy. He will get it in his time. But oh what fun until we get there.