Saturday, December 09, 2006

Birthday Party #2

Thanks Terra for suggesting that I get some more pictures up online. I haven't posted pictures in quite a while and I have some really good ones from his birthday party and the surrounding weekend.


Cousin's Samantha and Nathan, Dan, Josiah and I all visited my mom's for the weekend of Josiah's birthday. What fun we all had. Samantha became quite the little photographer over the weekend...I can't wait to give her her Christmas present this year...110 pictures all scrapbooked onto 20 pages. It will be my favorite gift to give.

Saturday was Josiah's big day! I made both of the cakes. "Over the Hedge" was the theme for this birthday party...only because I got all the decorations, toys and plates for a wopping $20. Couldn't beat that deal. For the cake, I got the idea from my sister-in-law Dawn. She made her son a Superman cake by printing out an image on regular paper, laminating it and putting it on the cake. The she just added a little frosting around the outside edges. You couln't tell it wasn't a professional made cake. So I did something similar and just printed the image out on photopaper. I think it turned out pretty well, if I might say so myself:) And Josiah's little cake was completely destroyed, so it must have been pretty good!!! What a fun day!!!
At some point during the weekend we all got our hats, gloves and warm coats on and went out to play in the snow. I had a Mickey sled that Josiah had never used and it was the perfect weather for it. We had a ton of fun and got some great pictures.

Samantha took a great picture of Dan and I...we rarely ever get good pictures of the two of us since not very many people know how to use our camera very well. So it was great that she was busy taking pictures.

Josiah tries out his new snow suit from Grandma W. To cute!!

Samantha and Nathan couldn't get enough of Uncle Dan and the games on his laptop. I think Dan was loving it just as much as they were.

No comments: