Wednesday, October 04, 2006

August and Sept Overview

AUGUST
  1. 1st - Crawled up the stairs for the first time
  2. 2nd-He got his 3rd tooth
  3. 4th - Started standing in his crib
  4. 8th - Begged for Ramon noodles
  5. 9th - Took a bath in the big tub for first time and loved it
  6. 13th - Discovered a new found love for cheese
  7. 14th - Threw your first tantrum when mom took away your spoon
  8. 18th - Visited Grandma and Grandpa W.
  9. 19th - Held and drank out of a sippy cup for the 1st time. It happened to be the same sippy cup that I drank out of when I was a baby:)
  10. 20th - Cruising along furniture really well
  11. 20th - Visited Grandma and Grandpa L.
  12. 21st - Stopped sleeping through the night (it would be 3 weeks before he slept through the night again)
  13. 22nd - Both Josiah and I were very sick (not a fun time)
  14. 23rd - Discovered a new found love for Chicken noodle soup
  15. 24th - Hung out with cousin Nathan
  16. 25th - Climbed all the way up to the landing without dad even knowing you were missing
  17. 27th - Walked with his push walked all by himself (he was very proud of himself)
  18. 27th - 1st word: started to say dog for both dog and cat...sounds more like daww, but uses it for both)
  19. 28th - 4th tooth
  20. 30th - Discovered a new found love for Pea Soup
  21. 31st - Last day at old day care
SEPTEMBER
  1. 1st - Held onto his bottle for the 1st time
  2. 2nd through 4th - We went camping with Mike and Mindy
  3. 2nd - Cut 5th tooth
  4. 4th - Cut 6th tooth
  5. 5th - Cut 7th tooth
  6. 6th - 1st day at Kim's (the new day care)
  7. 6th - He stood alone for the 1st time
  8. 8th - Started walking like a monkey in the grass when he had shorts on...this was very cute.
  9. 9th - 1st night in 3 weeks that you slept through the night:)
  10. 10th - Learned to crawl down the stairs by himself
  11. 12th - Cut 8th tooth: 5 teeth in 2 weeks...I think we were all glad to be done teething for a little while. I just can't imagine cutting that many teeth at one time. Poor guy:(
  12. 14th - pushing cars around the living room on his hands and knees...he doesn't sit still for very long
  13. 15th through 17th - The boys were on their own this weekend. This is the weekend that I went whitewater rafting. I think they had a great time!
  14. 17th - Learned to turn around to go feet first down the stairs when on the landing
  15. 18th - Got a bad cold...dad got it a few days later. Not fun! But I was glad that I didn't get it also.
  16. 19th - Learned to do "So big" I have to admit that this is the cutest thing he has done so far!
  17. 20th - Dr. apt. He weighed in at 21lbs4oz and was 29" long.
  18. 23rd - Went to Old Mill apple orchard with mom. What a fun afternoon, just the two of us.
  19. 23rd - Stopped sleeping through the night for a few nights :( Learned how to do a blood curdling scream that chills me to my bones. Extremely difficult to let him cry it out when he is doing this...but this to shall pass).
  20. 24th - I started to wean him. Within a week I was down to a morning and evening feeding. I had to buy my first can of formula today:( But I am proud of how long we did almost 100% breast milk. Pretty soon he can have milk:) It is so great not to have to pump, but I am definitely not ready to give up the morning and evening feeding. I still really enjoy my time with my little guy:)
  21. 25th - Feeling better...very giggly today:) I love those kind of days
  22. 27th - Started waving again today. He reaches up to do "So Big" and then waves...very cute!
  23. 30th - We marched in the Alumni Marching Band march to the stadium. I didn't have my instrument...but I snuck in with the stroller and did all the motions. This was Josiah's 2nd march to the stadium...last year he was 7 months in my belly:)

No comments: