Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Scrapbooking Addict

I too am a scrapbooking addict and don't care to seek help for it :) (commenting from Christina's blog)

I had an incredible weekend last weekend. I decided to go away on a scrapbooking retreat!! It was sooo awsome. I left right after work on Friday (which turned out to be the crazy busiest Friday since I started 8 months ago) and arrived around 11:30pm. the rest of that night was just getting settled in and setting my stuff up. I didn't do any scrapbooking because I was exhausted from work. So I was the first one off to bed.

I was however, the first one up and at em on Saturday! I got some breakfest and started getting my pictures in order to determine what I would work on first. I am going to try and take pictures of my blog pages and post them, but not sure if that will work out or not. Plus most of the people who read this blog will probably see them in person at some point anyway ;)

I was amazed at the creativity and skill that these women had. There was a group of 5 of us (Christina from church, her sister and two of her friends). And then there was another group of 3 sisters. So a pretty small group over all, but a great size, because we got lots of table space. they taught me so much about layout of my pages, to color combinations, to my new piece of scrapbooking equipment that I am now coveting, "The Cricuit." these machines are amazing. You select the cartridge with the font or the picture that you want cut out, plug it in, type the letters out or select the picture and hit "cut" and wala! Out come everything you want cut out perfectly (most of the time) for you...all you have to do is glue it down. Speaking of glue, they introduced me to this amazing paste that you can get at Michaels...and of course I didn't write down them name. But it lasts a long time and is perfect for glueing letters and pictures alike down. and the best part, is that it is only $10.99 or cheaper with the 40% off coupon ;) they said it will last them about a year and they scrap a ton.

Needless to say, I will be going again, money permitting of course, in the spring. I was able to complete 16 pages and 16 pages that I am very proud of ;) So thank you, Christina, for inviting me on my first scrapbooking retreat!

1 comment:

Grace Acres said...

All of the girls loved having you along. The paste is called yes paste. and we are definately going ack in the spring.