Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Crazy Busy...

...Both at work and at home. So I haven't had time to blog much lately.
Josiah update: He is now sleeping very well at night. We increased the brightness of his nightlight. He told us that he was seeing monsters, so by adding a nightlight and giving him his own flashlight for his bedroom, it seemed to do the trick. I believe he was also going through a major growth spurt at the same time, because shortly after he started sleeping at night again, his pants were all of the sudden to short.
Now we are having sleeping during the day problems. He won't take naps anymore. We are continuing to put him down every day, but he is not sleeping. When he is at daycare he is at least having down time and is quiet. But at home on the weekends, he just screams and yells for us to come get him. Not sure what this newest phase is all about except for the fact that he doesn't want to miss out on anything. This to shall pass, right? He is just not ready to go without naps, he is so cranky and on the edge of meltdowns, if not melting down every night. Oh well, such is life with an almost 3 year old!
Me/Work: Work is going ok! Most days I don't believe that this is a job I will ever be really good at. I am not an attention to detail kind of person, but I started thinking about it and what kind of jobs out there will even higher someone who doesn't have attention to detail. I make mistakes every day. Even if they are miner, they are still mistakes and I look stupid to the others that I work with. If it was only once and a while, it wouldn't matter, but it is every day. They are always telling me to slow down, or "I do this" or "I do that". Well I do go slow and do what they are saying, and I still miss things. The thing with this job is that going slow isn't really an option. I don't like to go slow and I think I make more mistakes going slow. I don't know! I will keep plugging along and hopefully this will come together for me some day.
I think it is only one person in particular that makes me feel like crap every time I make a mistake because she is constantly watching for me to make mistakes and then tell me that she doesn't do things like that. grrrrrrrrrrrr!!! She is also the same person that doesn't thank me for doing anything that I do extra to help her out because she is sooooo very slow. She thanks everyone else for helping, but not me. Why do people do crap like that? So I continue to help her out, even though I don't have to because I wouldn't be very Christian like if I just stopped helping her because she doesn't say thank you. But man, I don't want to help her ever!! She is young and vulgar and has a very different belief system than I have, so I don't think we will ever mesh, but a simple thank you will go a long ways in this work place! Thank goodness she isn't working my shift this week, so I don't have to put up with her for the last 2 hours of every day.
A very fun thing that has happened at work, is that the person that trained me, the persont hat I had such difficulties with in the beginning has become one of the only people that I even want to talk to around here. Funny how things change and how people change. The others are so liberal and democratic that I can hardly stand to be around them right now with the election going on. I just keep my mouth shut and walk away when they begin to talk. I have my opinions, but they are as bias as theirs and no one wants to hear them anyway!! So this week is nice because the young/vulgar person leaves at 9:00 and I am free to not feel excluded from any dumb conversations or whatever!!! A low self-esteem free week :) (if that makes any sense)
Wow that was a bunch of complete babble and nonsense, but I just felt that I had to get it down and out!

No comments: