Friday, May 01, 2009

Garage Sale Season

I know it has been a very long time. Feb was the last time I posted. I just haven't had much to post about. But garage sale shopping has begun and I have done well already this season. Anyone want to guess how much I spent on all these clothes?

In case you can't see very well, this is the tally of stuff:

  1. 11 short sleeve t-shirts (3 are in the laundry already :)
  2. 12 Long sleeve t-shirts
  3. 1 MSU Jersey (in perfect condition)
  4. 2 tank tops
  5. 3 short sleeve dress shirts
  6. 2 long sleeve dress shirts
  7. 1 Fleece coat
  8. 13 pair of underwear
  9. 1 swim suit (my favorite colors)
  10. 8 shorts
  11. 4 sweat pants
  12. 1 sweat suit
  13. 3 dress pants
  14. 5 jeans
  15. 5 winter pajamas
  16. 1 summer pajamas

And all of this for $28. So anyone out there that says they don't have enough money to make sure their kid has clothes that fit or just clothes in general has not discovered the power of the garage sale, because for under $30, I just clothed Josiah for the year. Yes he needs shoes and socks, but that is about it. I also bought his winter coat for $10 (the most expensive item, but well worth the money). The coat is in great condition and again I love the colors (orange and blue).

So, have a great garage sale season this year!!! My daycare provider has already hit me up for looking for stuff for her. She has given me an envelope with money, so that I can pick things up as I see them!! I love to garage sale, so if there is anything that anyone is looking for, I will keep my eye out for it and let you know!!

But the best purchase I have made by far is an old Samsonite beauty case. The hard case ones with a handle. Josiah found it and brought it to me and I asked him if he was going on a picnic. And his face lit up. Yah, I am going on a picnic. I then found some plastic plates and a plastic cup to add to the box and wala, he is going on a picnic and is having a blast. I think I might have paid $1.50 for all of it. Well worth the money!!!

No comments: